View Single Post
Old 2009-10-07, 9:12am
I speak Murrini!

No crying, darlin'!!!!

Not sure where you live...is there a Home Depot near you?

When I first wrote this tutorial, I went through great efforts to be sure I was using and referring to parts that were available "Nationwide, and beyond" - meaning that there are Home Depot Stores all over the Country (USA) as well as other Countries in the world. I spoke to several of the plumbing department managers and was assured that for inventory control purposes, product numbers were the same here as all across the US and for that reason, I did my best to include all part numbers in describing each piece.

With that said, if you go into your local Home Depot, and take with you some pictures (maybe cut/past into your Word Program, then print) and the specific part numbers I refer to in my first post, you'll be able to find these without a problem. Don't give up!

I admit the Home Depot website isn't as helpful as it could be! I did a quick search for the valve and didn't find the exact one (though I saw them available last week so I know they still carry them) but did find this one - similar and would work equally if you're in a pinch, I believe:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

I also know that they have WAY MORE STUFF in the Plumbing Section of the store than you can "view" on line. Once you get there, armed with your photos, find a sales associate and you should be able to get exactly what you need.

Adaptors are used to reduce from the 1/2" pipe to the 1/4" hose...you then attach a portion of your 1/4" hose to the nipple fitting (with a hose clamp and be sure to test after set up to confirm no leaks); your hose then goes to your quick disconnect which is attached to your Regulator Valve right at the Propane Tank.

Hope this helps!

If anyone can post a better way of describing this, please chime in!!! I figure some of you have some pictures of your own set up that would help as well...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro