View Single Post
Old 2007-02-10, 1:45pm

I also use Foster Fire and have learned it needs to be a bit thinner what I think it shoudl be LOL I also use a wand mixer to mix my release and it works perfectly. I keep it below the surface and just love it. I keep my release in a wide mouth jar and can mix it right there. I generally have to add water every time I dip mandrels but I usually only dip them once a week or two. I usually dip a several hundred at a time since, aside from cleaning the release out of hte holes, dipping mandrels is my least favorite thing to do so I have a lot of mandrels so can do it all at one sitting. I have never had one have a problem sitting there for several weeks or even months. I just used my large holed mandrels that I know have been dipped for about a yr LOL Also after my initial scrubbing with steel wool I have never re-primed my mandrels. I find removing the bead and using the bead to remove the rest of the release from the mandrel not only leaves me with a clean mandrel but also keeps it primed for me. Happy Beading!!!

Robyn