View Single Post
Old 2012-06-27, 6:28pm

Default Upgrading Torch in Near Future...reviews/suggestions?

Im considering upgrading my torch in the near future...(like about 6 months or so) Im working boro on tanked o2 and mainly making marbles of late and just feel limited on my red max because I want to make larger marbles and paperweights. I've been researching torches and I understand it's the artist not the torch but still would like a new toy even though I'm primarily a hobbyist. I've looked at the Herbert Arnold and like the easy adjustment and it seems like it's built like a tank. Everyone swears by the GTT torches and I am also considering a Phantom or Mirage 4 stud with foot pedal. The carlisle CC+ seems like a good torch also and I also like the Bethlehem PM2D watercooled torch as it seems to have many different flame types and is highly adjustable and because Suellen Fowler says its best for color lol....I know thats not a reason. I'm just wanting to make larger stuff eventually and while the red max can get me 2inch plus marbles it's a bit tough to adjust. I'm sure fans of each torch will chime in and eventually I will just buy the one I think I like best but if anyone has these torches and uses them and can list pros and cons of each it would be appreciated. Thanx