View Single Post
Old 2011-12-30, 6:20pm
Flame On!

This is a "Follow Up" because I have had so many people contact me, asking for advice.
COMPLY, that is my advice. IMMEDIATELY deactivate ALL of your listings, because they usually only send Etsy C&D letters on a few, not all, that are in violation. So deactivate EVERYTHING, then edit them and re-list. It's that simple. Also check your shop title, and section titles. Remove the word Pandora and you're good. So far, I only know of 1 shop that Etsy shut down. I think she didn't address her other listings, and section titles and after a warning, they pulled the plug.
For all the people worried about views, loss of traffic, etc-STOP. This isn't going to kill you. Let's be real, no one gets on Etsy looking for "Real" Pandora beads, now do they? No, they come in search of handmade beads to fit their bracelets. Use a term that most of us have switched to, like European Charm Bead, and Big Hole Bead, etc and they will find you. I have not noticed a loss of traffic. My personal opinion is that I have even expanded my views by using a variety of search terms now. And yes, technically, by law, in your description, you can say your handmade beads will fit on a Pandora bracelet. I still do that, just for the kiss my ass factor. Please do not despair, this is not the end of the road for you, somehow most people are devastated, but you shouldn't be. Chin up, edit your listings and flame on!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.