View Single Post
Old 2006-06-26, 10:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern light
Ok, let's pretend that $ is no object...tough, yes, but I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on the carlisle CC versus the GTT Mirage. I would really like to get into larger boro work, vessels, sculpture. any advice?
I personally would go with the Mirage, as the CC is internal mix on the single center port and surface mix on the outer 34 ports. The boro colors don't develop as easily as on a complete surface mix torch. The Mirage has seven center ports with 33 outer ports, all surface mix. During classes working colored boro, the people working on CC's generally had a harder time getting the colors. You will have more versatility with the Mirage, as you can still do smaller work using the inner 7 ports, similar to a Lynx.

I hope that helps.
Pam

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.