View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 7:55am
Wooohooo,GS!

Suz, too funny, how were the results?
Lori, Felicia had it right, you have to wear PJs to compete in Pajama Jam....however, you can torch ANY night with no hat or PJs at free tables! The hats, PJs are optional but great prizes!

You are asked to bring 2 sponsor items for the almost 30 sponsors who donated again this year, woohoo to all the sponsors!

We never had an auction until my ex had his triple bypass 2 years ago. It was completely an attendee's idea and it was a huge help with his med bills! Last year the same gal wanted to do it again for scholarships (I have given 2 spots away free for 6 years) for that year and this year as well as tools and maintenance. I opted not to do it this year as I just don't have the extra time but many folks wanted to do it again as they know how hard I work for this event for 9 months every year.

I will say that due to many hurdles and the economy the attendance is not what it has been, it is again an almost "break even" event (I hope, lol!), last year was the only year we actually showed a profit! It doesn't matter much to me, I do this out of love and that is what keeps it going! That is why I gave out 6 scholarships this year, it is giving back to the Lampworking community!

SO, auction items are optional, it is not the idea of the event to raise money, if so I would raise the price (haven't for 4 years!) to match other venues with attendance and additional monies for classes! The sponsor items go straight to the sponsors, they are a Thank You for their continued support!

I have PM'd the two who are interested.....hope I answered all the questions! I am leaving tomorrow for the Flame Off and will be back late Sunday.
BIG hugs, deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.