View Single Post
Old 2007-12-04, 11:24pm

Thanks so much for all the feedback. I find I have this problem whenever I start on a new hobby. I start off with my big "Wha?" questions until I find out what questions to ask. The whole time I'm asking questions no one can figure out why I'm asking them because what I need to know is common knowledge. I'll get there eventually. I'll have a flat spot from banging my head against the wall but I'll get there.

I don't know what was up with the welding supply places. I called three and none of them had oxygen. It wasn't that they couldn't sell it versus renting it, they didn't have it at all.

Can anyone point me to a list of common tank sizes? I'm looking for a chart that says an 80 is four feet tall and weighs 40 pounds, a 125 is four feet tall and weighs 80 pounds. That sort of thing.

I started on a hot head with a BBQ propane tank. My "new" torch is a Bobcat. Am I going to need a larger propane tank or is a 125 oxygen tank and a BBQ propane tank about proportional?

Delivery is going to cost about $35.

Oh yeah. Harbor Freight said they sold Oxygen Generators but they were really Oxygen Compressors (impressively large one's too!). I've seen Oxygen Generator and Oxygen Concentrator used in connection with the torches and I know the Oxygen Compressors are used for pneumatic tools. I assume they are worthless for torches?