View Single Post
Old 2009-01-11, 1:18pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I have used a few of the P.I.G. colors that were made in India. There are a few that are absolutely gorgeous.
I used it in small amounts with Effetre, just as surface detail.. Their transparent red is stunning. Cynthia
and I almost brawled over the few sticks we have left. They also carried a beautiful opaque peach/salmon.

Craig said part of the problem with P.I.G. was that different colors were made by different glassmakers and
then sold under the P.I.G. label. Kind of like R4- until they disclosed it, we weren't quite sure where their colors
were coming from either.

Anyhow, the price is good. I'm betting that there are at least a few colors that play nice and are different from
the palette we have currently. That pink does look very tempting! Good thing I am broke!

Who knows, importing this glass from India might help feed a whole village. Just because it's imported
doesn't mean it's sinister. It is "Buyer Beware" until the glass becomes known and tested, but that goes
without saying for any new glass. I don't use CIM because I don't like the fact that there are colors that don't
anneal in the 940-980 range. I am not gonna reprogram my kiln!

Sarah, I'm not surprised your friend hasn't heard of this one glass company. India is a very populated country. lol!

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.