View Single Post
Old 2007-01-28, 11:17pm

Lynnie, Your lighting is not as bad as you think it is. In fact it's pretty good.
Your problem is the photo is under exposed. That is very common when shooting on white. The meter see's all of that white, and has no idea what to do with it. So you need to sit down and talk to your camera, tell it. " I don't care what you think. over expose it!" This problem is worst when shooting in auto mode. So if you can, shoot in manual mode. So you can over ride the meter. Or your camera may have a meter compensation function.

But your real disappointment comes, from having seen a 8x10 or 4x5 transparent piece of film on a light table. Digital will never come close to that experience.

As far as lights go. I'm the last person to ask advise from. It will cost you.
You see I shoot with strobe lights. I don't even know what kind of bulbs are out there. Let alone which are best.

But your color balance is good, your lighting style is clean and your editing skills are well developed. So just work on getting the exposure down.

I posted this photograph of my set up on another thread. But I'll post it again here incase you missed it.

Hope that works for you.
Scott

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2007-01-29 at 4:19pm.