View Single Post
Old 2014-09-18, 12:32am

Hi,

I personally did not work with the Alpha yet (but I will try a Bravo next week with the Alpha center fire), but I have a GTT Cricket. With the Cricket and a 5 LPM Devilbiss running at ~ 4.5 LPM (for better concentration if not turned up to max) I do a lot of small boro. My typical work are pendants around 10-15 gramms. I tell that in gramms because the shapes differ. That means i.e. cones with 60x12 mm. And I work about 30 minutes at such a pendant (including bail). Sure this would go faster with a bigger torch and more oxy, but I'm ok with it.
As far as I know the Cricket has a little more concentrated flame as the Alpha. So more heat in a smaller area. In fact I mess up most of my soft glass work because of that heat and I want a bigger torch for my soft glass, not for my boro (isn't that weired?).
I guess that with that softer flame you would like to have two 5 LPM oxycons on your Alpha to handle Boro properly, but that should work fine.

I'm sorry that I don't manage to put pictures in here. Is there any way I can link to dropbox?

@toothpayne: I so would like to have a M20. But you can't get them here in europe. Anything that is over 5 LPM is extremly costy

Martina