View Single Post
Old 2005-08-05, 2:59pm

Here's why I personally have my propane tank outside and have it piped in through the wall.

1. Propane is very dangerous to breathe. If there's a leak, whether you're torching or not, this gas can kill you. I don't want to have to worry about gas leaking and pooling in my home/garage where the people and animals can breathe it in. When I took my very first class in a studio, they had no decent ventillation and had the propane inside. I had chest pain and dizziness for a whole week. I don't want to go through that again, so I keep it outside.

2. I don't want my house to blow up.

3. It was very easy to drill a hole in the wall, pipe the hose through and seal it. Easy. So I had no good excuse not to do it.

So there you have it. That's why I have the propane outside, and why I encourage others to have it outside as well.

However, I don't take it personally if someone else takes the risk of having it inside. They're adults and are perfectly capable of making those decisions on their own. It's silly to me to get all worked up because someone decides to take a risk. I encourage safety. I want and wish for people to be safe. But if they decide to take the risk of doing something I view as unsafe, well.....then they take on the possibility of being poisoned or blown up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.