View Single Post
Old 2005-12-08, 5:59pm
sunscreen me baby

I think it has to do with moisture in the bead release. Because after two days I don't have the problem. I get it with Foster Fire so I don't think it is the bead release.
Here is my theory: The water gets hot but is fine when you first press. After time the water turns to vapor and is trying to escape. When you press the first time you loosen the release from the mandrel. The second press applies enough pressure for the vapor to escape and it explodes off the mandrel into the molten glass. It happens in the center because the core of the bead is what remains hottest and/or because the press is forcing the vapor towards the center of the bead while pushing the glass to the center.

I have only seen this on my lentils and pillows. Have you ever seen it on a shape that doesn't have tapered sides like a pastille or tab? I haven't. This would support my pressure part of the theory.

Comments?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.