View Single Post
Old 2006-03-22, 2:45am
a pox upon an idiot :..

Kalera, I did go ahead and order the light bulbs, right now I'm just using the Reveal 100 watts and I don't think they are enough for my camera. It is the yellowing that I'm getting from the silver, but when I shoot pics of jewelry with beads, I can get a decent pic, well decent enough to play with. I took some pictures of jewelry for my jury slides, and with the help of a graphic designer friend, they look really good, if there's color in the picture it seems to work. My problem is with shooting plain silver, I have used every camera setting, in the tent, in my window and have kept a record of every pic to see what I'm doing wrong, and for the life of me I can't get it right. I have read my camera manual top to bottom, even put the silver in the freezer to cut down on the glare and used every color of background paper I can think of. I'm to the point where I think I might just scan my silver and then tweek them in Photoshop.

At this point I would pay someone to try and get a decent picture of silver with my camera. I'll try again when the bulbs get here but at this point I am wasting so much time that I'm falling behind making stock because I am so obsessed with why this won't work!

Thanks for your input
Edie