View Single Post
Old 2010-02-24, 4:31pm

I haven't posted in so long, but I've been lurking.
I have a HH and I'm waiting for my Bobcat upgrade. (WOOHOO!!!) It pretty much comes with everything I need except for the FBA and the propane and Oxygen tanks which I will be getting in a day or so.
When working with my HH I would just work in the dining room near the window, but with the bobcat, I know I'm going to have to take a VAST number of precautions.
I'm glad I found this post because I was thinking of working outside on my back porch as well. I live in a 3 bedroom apt, but I really don't see any potential work areas inside that would be safe at all.
I live in Houston and it can get HOT out here, but this winter we've had a few bouts of snow... and it's cold right now. I've only been here a year, but my mom says in the 7 years she's been here, she hasn't seen the temp drop last this long, let alone get this cold at all.
I have a million questions (don't we all? lol) but my main question right now is...
Does the extreme cold tempurature affect how the glass reacts when I'm torching? I'm not sure how much longer or how many more drastic temp drops we're going to have here, but I would like to know what to expect, if anything, working in chilled conditions.

Anyone have any input?