View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 4:36am
Millionaire in Training

Yeah, I'm not bashing it. If I were there would be a lot stronger language than what I said. Not sure how this interpretation was put on my description of what was happening. But each person has their own definition of what is bashing or merely describing something. Bashing would be saying it's a terrible color and no one should buy it, etc. Besides, if people were discouraged by just what one person said, then they're pretty easily dissuaded. I'm sorry if this is perceived as bashing, Kristina. I've just been mostly frustrated. Thanks for understanding, Diana. Bashing in my definition is much stronger than saying it isn't working for me. Sometimes a person needs to vent.

I'm going to try again, as Natasha has written me and called about trying something different. I thought I had the flame right, but she suggested a bushy flame. It's funny as I thought that would indicate more oxygen, not less. In my understanding, more oxygen equals more heat (which is why I purchased a second oxycon).

I did work with salmon as well and have not had any of the shattering problems mentioned, but then again, I introduce my rods extremely slowly into the flame. Much slower than in the video by Devardi glass. I just don't like flying glass.

I did anneal all my beads - about 6 were made with Devardi and Moretti or CIM and two of the larger lentils broke apart. I guess the lesson is to turn on the kiln, even if it costs a whole lot more for electricity in summertime. I live in Arizona and the summer rates are much higher than winter rates, as this is our prime season. Everyone is running their A/C with daily temps over 100 during June - August. However, I think I read something about putting the beads in the kiln for 30 minutes at 950 - 970. Then I could batch anneal them later on.