View Single Post
Old 2012-08-22, 7:39pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Is it Uroboros? It's not a secret that they are coming out with a 104 soon. And if it is anything like the 96 it will indeed be magnificent.
Yes... I've been so out of the loop that I suddenly realized I wasn't sure if it was something I should be talking about. Its really, really great! I work fast and hot, and the main reason I stopped using 104 for encased styles is because even the good clears have been so inconsistent, compared with BE and Uroboros which are always nice. I've been begging Uroboros for years (years! I tell you!) to please come out with a 96 reactive ivory so I could use their colors, and furnace glass colors, in my encased styles, but I guess they took a whole different approach to that problem.

I haven't had much time to torch lately, but the day I got it I made about a dozen beads, using ivory, silver foil, silver leaf, silver glass, coral... as much as I could think of to throw at it. I put the first six beads in the kiln before it was up to temp... I think it was maybe around 600 degrees. All but three of the beads (the last three I made) are long, thin pressed beads. I thought I'd lose at least the first four. Nope. This glass is beautiful.

I'm in the middle of a large order right now, and I decided to use the U104 clear for them. It's just so pretty, it doesn't scorch, soot or boil even though I beat it up, and I am feeling really confident in it after my test beads came out of that unscathed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.