View Single Post
Old 2014-06-11, 9:39pm

Default Contaminated electroforming solution

Ive searched everywhere. Hey everyone!!!!! I have a question, not sure if this exact thing has been covered. I keep having the salmony thing happen to my electroformed pieces and ive done everything through reading threads and ive narrowed it down to contaminated solution. How to i replenish the solution for proper electroforming??? Ive run it through filters, added brightener and even run it through more filters with charcoal in the middle of two filters. What do i do now? How do i restore the solution after it has been contaminated if ive tried the other things and they arent working. Ive read that you should be able to use your solution as long as you need. Ive already looked at amps and all that stuff and im pretty sure its the solution that is contaminated with organic material or something else. Does anyone have any other suggestions besides brighteners, filters and charcoal? I have yet to add a little distilled water. Ill try that asap, but would that make a huge difference in the solution? Ive skimmed so many threads and people havent really talked about solution upkeep. What is the best way to revive contaminated solutions? Any advice is appreciated!!!