View Single Post
Old 2009-10-22, 8:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Folly Glassworks View Post
Do you know, will the Metallic Black turn silver on a Hothead torch?
it *should* as it's a reduction effect. I've got some of the first batch (not here, unfortunately, it's down @ the studio or I'd offer to send you a rod--I left it there because I've been sharing!) It makes FANTASTIC SHARDS--they silver right up incredibly on a bigger torch with just a dash of reduction, so I'd say just "cover the holes" on your hothead (my method was the "tinfoil collar" trick when I worked on mine @ home) & you should get a fairly instant reaction. I had someone else blow shards for me 'cause I suck @ that--& they were quite pleased with the ease of melting the glass & how it blew-out--thought it would be nice for some small vessel work as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
Well there have been people with dual ids and it does seem rather strange to me that someone is there to support you with only this thread as a interest ?
I do think it is rather strange.

As for me wanting to do away with a mom and pop business come on please let me get the hankies.
Not really--I've supported both *this* glass *and* Lauscha glass, as well as other products (and other vendors ) and I certainly make no effort to hide "who I am". Heck, you can find out anything you want about me via RAOGK, my signature links, my facebook, etc. I'm all over the internet. As opposed to *some* posters in this thread who seem to constantly poke & prod, yet we STILL don't know WHO THEY ARE....hmmm...who could that be? Oh, wait, YOU don't have a signature, or sign your name, or have a website, or anything identifying you, do you "yellowbird"???

(and for the record? Kristina & Dale are NOT the vendors of Devardi--I've actually TALKED TO the Devardi vendors/shop owners on the phone....they're quite nice folks...nice to order from, & I actually understand how they're keeping their cost-to-us low. I think they're doing US a SERVICE--and we should be VERY THANKFUL that they're bringing us a chance to grab up low-cost pinks & premium colors the way they are--it's an interesting idea & I hope it works out for them!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiverJewelry View Post
I would love to try the cranberry! The dark rose pink transparent is an absolutely stunning pink I might add. I will most definitely continue to learn to work with this glass as I love some of the colors. I read the whole thread and then decided to try it myself lol! I am glad that I did. And yes, some of it turns to frit but since I make my own frit it doesn't bother me much lol! Here is a picture of the marine green which is just a seriously nice color! And thank you for the compliment on my skills lol! I am so addicted its not even funny. Its been about 8 weeks since I made my first bead. Anyway this is the marine green.
Those beads look fantastic for EIGHT WEEKS!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies

Last edited by lunamoonshadow; 2009-10-22 at 8:14pm.