View Single Post
Old 2008-06-09, 9:02am

Default Honeycomb-ish style pendant tutorial

Here is a quick photo tutorial on a pendant using a type of honeycomb technique.

photo 1- I wrap a few layers of clear on the end of a small diameter tube.
photo 2- starting where my clear left off I coil pot a color (blue thunder I believe), and melt it in slightly...puffing on the tube as needed.
photo 3-I heat the clear and the color and blow out a thing bubble.
photo 4-add clear dots the the color. I usually start with a dot in the center and work out from there.
photo 5-I melt the dots in and using gravity melt the bubble into more of a flat disc shape.
photo 6-heating this disc and another rod I encase the color in clear.
photo 7-I heat the edge of the tube where it meets the disc and blow it out, removing the tube. I then clean up the edges.
photo 8-I add a backing color and then punty to the front and remove the clear rod. Then shape the glass in a mold.
photo 9-attach a punty to the top of the pendant and remove the one on the back.
photo 10- using gravity, heat the pendant and let it begin to droop down.
photo 11- punty the the bottom and make your loop.

remove punty and place pendant on tongue.

well, I suppose you don't have to do that last step, in fact, maybe you shouldn't.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.