View Single Post
Old 2018-04-12, 7:12am

Red face

Hi Kristin

Thank you for your reply! I'm looking forward to settling in. My happy place during all this upheaval is thinking about how I'll set up my new studio =)

I currently have a very simple extractor setup featuring a metal cone near the flame connected to the fan with aluminum ducting and then more ducting which I shove out the nearby doggy door. This works ok, no gas smells or headaches while torching.

I am just thinking about options which might allow me to avoid cutting holes in the shed.

I guess I can see how the ventilation is, with the windows open and the ducting just stuck out one of those. Might not be a quite as brilliant a solution, come wintertime, but I could make a new decision at that point. Hehe!

Hmmmm, what do y'all think about a box fan mounted up high, against an exterior vent...I'm visualizing this would push ceiling air out the vent...? That would vent the whole building, not just the air in front of the torch.

I'm assuming the bad gasses rise. Maybe that's a faulty assumption!

Thanks again for any help!

=) Jenefer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us--Joseph Campbell

Last edited by Jenefer Ham; 2018-04-12 at 11:33am. Reason: forgot the 'not' in "might not" =)