View Single Post
Old 2006-12-11, 4:40pm

Default Help! Ideas needed on Design/Chain problem

Hey....I have this customer who ordered a necklace, bracelet, anklet and earrings set. I HAND made tiny aqua & dichroic, melted ice cube type beads, then made segments on eyepins of those with a swarovski bicone and 2mm ss bead on each end. Then I interspersed those with Sterling Silver chain. It was tedious of course and challenged my close up eyesight. Meanwhile I finish the whole set and take it over. I will try to attach a picture here. Well he is an artist and is therefore opinionated about artistic things. He said it was beautiful but when he saw the snake chain I brought over to string other beads for some quick necklaces he decided he wanted that chain in between each segment. Said it looked more "rich and delicate". So he wantes me to re-do it and said he'd give me another $100 to do so. And I"m big on customer service anyway, even though I wanted to cry. lol. So what I need is ideas. The one thing I thought of was to string them on fishing line with the magic crimper tool to make the round beads on each end of each segment and keepthem in place, then wind that around the snake chain. But what he really wants is for me to somehow just put ends on the snake segments and attach directly to the beaded links. Of course this needs to be done ....oh yesterday.
Attached Images