View Single Post
Old 2009-12-31, 8:33am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Folly Glassworks View Post
Thanks so much. I look forward to giving it a try! I have brass mesh screen that I plan to snip into pieces or in wire lengths to wrap.

Does the brass wire get soft right away when it is laid against the hot bead? Would wire pieces be better or can I spiral wrap the bead with a brass wire before I encase?
The brass does not get soft when it hits the glass. How stiff it is before you put it on is how it feels going on. You have to be careful not to hit the flame with the brass or it will spark and burn off. I bought a thin brass sheet from Hobby Lobby (I have to look up the gauge) and did punch outs and it worked great. I also cut thin strips of brass from it and wrapped it around a 1/16th mandrel creating spirals and then layed that spiral down on the glass and encased it. I need to take pictures of my test bead because it does look cool.

Happy New Year Everyone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.