Thread: Aging eyes
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 6:26pm

Ha! They don't make cameras any more that you can manual focus easily and quickly. I bought my first auto focus camera in 1996 and hated it... but then I had been using a RB67 for a lot of years too. I finally got a decent auto focus in 2000 and an excellent one a few years after that. A camera that has really good auto focus can really help out when you shoot fast action activities like I did.

I've been taking pictures since I could hold my first camera and have always had poor eye sight that was correctable to 20/20. A couple of months ago I had a detached retina fused back down and was almost over it when another side came lose the end of Dec. My eye sight in that eye is still fuzzy and healing but at least it looks like it will improve pretty close to what it was before, it's just going to take awhile. I'm just very glad that I still have one very good corrected eye to use in the mean time or I would be going nuts.

Mike