View Single Post
Old 2005-09-27, 6:52am
Safety ALWAYS

CJ's book is FULL of some very bad things. For example, she adds a lot of fuel to the clear safety glass vs didymium debate in the safety chapter.

The problem as I see it (in my own not-so-humble opinion, of course ) is that people read these books as if they are the un-mutable truth and bible. Got news for ya! They aren't. In many cases, these books are nothing more than an accident waiting to happen. CJ's been asked many times to update the photographs and "discussion" in her books to reflect current knowledge about safety topics, and she totally refuses to do so.

And when, if ever, she does change them, there is still going to be uncounted thousands of these books with bad information floating around the world.

I freely admit that I've been very outspoken in the past about CJ's attitude towards safety, and the post above shows that inspite of the tens of thousands of words about safety, it is still disregarded by those of us who put money ahead of safety.

It's a damn shame, and one day, someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed by following the practices shown in books like CJ's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.