View Single Post
Old 2014-02-04, 1:54pm
Redheaded Thread Killer

I could be wrong, but am 99.999% sure that if you wish to use your specific domain name for a website then you'll need to pay a hosting company to host it. (Unless you have geek friends who can/will host it for you?) Otherwise, you could find one of those freebie build-it sites and go from there. Those can be somewhat limiting in capability though, all depends on what you plan to do?

You could also do the freebie build-it site thing and have your domain name point to it, via redirect, that way if someone entered in your domain name they'd still end up at your site. I'm not sure if you can do this without a hosting company though. (My host allows me to redirect the .net/.org versions to the .com site.)

Someone more currently tech savvy would need to truly respond. =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MistyCherie; 2014-02-04 at 1:57pm.