View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 9:46pm
Ad astra per aspera

Reposting from the Bathroom, though I'm pretty sure I've said it all before in this thread or the nasty one from a few years back.

I'm late to the party cuz I've been on the beach most of the day and just came back from a late supper and shenanigans with my daughter.

I don't insanely adore Devardi, but I do like a lot of it very much. The pinks and purples, especially, make me smile, and the pumpkin orange/yellow makes me happy in ways I can't reasonably explain.

It is NOT a beginner's glass in any way, shape or form. I've received rods with odd divots down the length (those are tricky, but not impossible to work), some with difficult bubbles, some with rocks, some that are shocky for no obvious reason in particular. With the exception of the divots, it reminds me a great deal of some Effetre and Vetro I've received.

Devardi's customer service has always been excellent. I've gotten prompt replies from them and great information. Their shipping has always been good, too.

Again, it's not a good beginner's glass, but at the price, and with the color range, I believe that it's worth the effort to learn to work with the colors that fill in gaps in the rest of the 104 palette.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.