View Single Post
Old 2011-09-11, 9:52pm
Angel's Mom

The ideas I learned from are still bouncing around in my head. I made some blank white beads last night and hope to do some MZ vitreous enamel painting this week. I am hooked on felting, thanks to Felicia and Stacy's felted coozies & Dr. Meow's felted purse class. So far I've done one felted purse and started kintting. When my Nuno books get here, I want to make fabulous, blingy scarves like hers! And I want blingy kevlar gloves like Stacy made and sold in the silent auction. The ideas keep me up at night!!

I hope to get to the metalworking studio and make silver rings ala Felicia, and want to try another boro jellyfish--John Lindquist makes it look so easy, and my fellow students made some rocking pendants and earrings!

The extra bonuses this year were fascinating: watching Dave P. and his amazing boro goblet/decanter skills in action, watching Paul T. from TAG and the techs pull glass from the crucible, and watching a Vitrograph demo....GlassStock is the glassy highlight of my year! I learn tons from the classes, and more from the students and demos!

Thanks to Deb, Bernie, Sue, and all the staff and techs and volunteers who bust their butts to bring this together! Hope to see you all next year!