View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 9:16pm
professional gimme fiver

Hi Amy,
I've been trying for several nights now to make a bead like you do. Started off first using white between the layers, which looks kinda like peacock feathers, which is cool, but not what I wanted. Tonight I put layers of clear (clear.....duh!) instead of white. It looks much better (I peeked into the kiln). How do you get the petals to angle down? I tried initially applying them to the bottom and stroking up with the rod as I applied. That didn't work out too well. I've also been trying to gently melt each layer almost in then marver flat before going on to the next layer. These are some honking B I G beads! They are by far the biggest I've ever made! Lots of glass. Next question, should it take a realllllllly long time to complete one? Because by the time I get to the "melt it completely in" phase I'm about burnt out and ready to just heat the bejeepers out of it. Do you use a tool to drag downwards towards the mandrel? But how does the petal stay so flat and perfectly shaped? I feel like doing the "we're not worthy" SNL move! A couple people noted that the photography is outstanding. It certainly is.I have the rainbow one printed out on an 8x10 and keep it in my studio trying to duplicate. Trying...... Luckily, I'm pretty stubborn!
Thanks for any advice you have.
A.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.