View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 3:53pm
too many rods in the fire

OK, I am quickly realizing that I have a WHOLE LOT to learn about boro colors!!

So, if you were to make a list of the easiest colors to work - say a top 10 or 15 list - what would they be?? I think I am asking more about the "special" colors as opposed to the WYSIWYG type of colors.

Keeping in mind that I am planning to do mostly marbles which can take quite a bit of heating and shaping, adding more glass and repeat, are there colors that do cool things easily when worked in the flame? Or colors that are hardy and won't burn out the color or reaction when worked for a while before putting them into the kiln?

As far as colors go, I love anything in the purples and pinks best, but also love me some sparkle! (What can I say? I am a girly girl )

TIA for all the great tips, guys! I really appreciate it. I feel like I am learning a whole new language here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.