View Single Post
Old 2005-09-20, 12:23pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

A great Macro mode is what you want, and a white balance option. I prefer the heavier camera, than the light ones, for camera shake. Also a bit higher pixel, I think 3.2 Mega Pixel is good enough, the higher the better, but unless you are going to blow the pictures up to poster size, 3.2 is good enough. I think the price right now is around $ 200 to $ 300. In my opinion, that's the realistic price range. I think its also affordable. If you have bigger budget, then you're in luck, just go higher mega pixel and newer editions.

I had Canon Powershoot A75, its great for taking jewelry pics. I love it. But I need something with better Macro mode to come closer to the jewelry, so I bought Nikon Coolpix 8400. Its 8.0 mega pixel. I heard Sony and Olympus are great too for Macro mode.

I retouch my pics with Adobe Photoshop 6.0, just to brighten the layer, add information and stuff like that. But I do think I need a real photo program like Element, maybe soon.

Oh, I use photocube and 2 photoflood for lighting. Mostly at night time, so there's no other source of light other than my photofloods.

The doll pic in my avatar is taken with the Canon.

Take care!
Edna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.