View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 10:10pm
too many rods in the fire

Holy crap! It just got more complicated!

I haven't even given a lot (if any) thought to the COLORS yet. I was just thinking about the temps I need to safely anneal boro, since I have never worked with it.

I want to learn to make some fairly decent boro marbles, so that in the next year or so I can hopefully take a class with John Kobuki. I can make decent marbles with soft, but I don't want to be "that" person who shows up for a class with a glass master and hasn't got a freakin' clue!

Luckily, I have a good friend who will probably be happy to tell me about some fun colors with boro, but if anyone wants to chime in here with their favorites (especially if you have used them in marbles effectively), I would be real happy to listen to your advice.

As for the kiln, based on what you've both said I think I can use my soft glass program to garage, and then bump it up to 1050-1200 depending on colors (geez, how am I gonna remember all this?) and then use my soft glass ramp down - first to 960 then to 840, then on down from there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.