View Single Post
Old 2014-06-01, 8:47pm
Flamewoman

Hi Becky ~ I can't really help you with soft glass, I only made beads with soft glass. I do not think it is much fun anymore, so I have decided to sell it. It is so different from boro, I don't think I would have much luck making compressions with soft glass. My advise is either make beads with the soft glass, or get some boro, if you have enough torch to melt it, is that a cricket? The key to being happy with working with boro is having a torch that will melt it fast enough to make it fun, and then years of practice. There are no special tools to make things work better, I use a small paddle, and a simple reamer to shape the bail, and a few simple tools to make indentations in design, but it's really just practice, getting to know the glass. You need to punty the back of the pendant to separate it, but really the problems you are having I think are because it's not boro, boro is better for pendant making, at least for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!