View Single Post
Old 2005-07-23, 9:01am
boro color bender

Mike, I'll say it another way. You're not understanding the question.

IR does not travel on forever. It can only travel so far. Do you have the information on what IR is actually reaching your eyes at a working distance? This information is NEEDED in order to understand what filtration we actually need.

Boro work produces IR in these wave lengths tested... but how far from the object glowing white hot? 1" 3" 12" 18" 24"??? There has to be a chart or one scientifically done, in order to maintain your claims that boroscopes are truely dangerous.

I bring this up, because I know that distance plays an important role in IR exposure. If your tests don't show real IR exposure while working at the torch, the test is not really important to the real world application. Mercedes has a car that is bullet proof. It's really no safer than any other car, unless you're getting shot at. For them to make a claim that it is unsafe to drive to the grocery store in another vehicle is just plain wrong... can they say it's safer... sure... but can they say the others cars are innadequate? Not unless you are in Iraq.

So, show me proof that I have these levels of IR reaching my eyes (while I'm on the torch), that were tested. Is that a simple enough question?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley