View Single Post
Old 2005-07-26, 3:32am
Professional Bead Pimp

Kimberly,

And think about people that have been oxy-acetylene welding for a long time. This is very similar to lampworking, but with a much larger flame and much larger "hot work" areas.

As it appears from Mike's numbers that the largest portion of the IR comes from the flame and the hot work, then all of these people should be blind too.

I'm also troubled when a respected manufacturer resorts to lawsuits and postings of this type of information about a competitor. I understand the right for Aura to defend themselves, but I still don't like the tactics and I feel that it "dirties" the entire industry. I believe that a company ought to conduct itself by playing UP the merits of its products, and not by tearing down the less meritious products of other companies. I've seen this backfire many, many times.

And believe me, I'm NOT accusing Mike of lying, I'm just reminded of the famous quote below any time I see somebody trying to "make a case" using statistics.

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-- Mark Twain (1835-1910), [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist

I truly believe that Mike's scientific data is extremely accurate. Our American politicians are infamous for this technique. I'm simply saying that statistics can be a two-way street.

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7

Last edited by BillBrach; 2005-07-26 at 3:56am.