View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 7:36pm
Melody of Glass

Tested out all four of my BB presses today and had a blast. The presses themselves are beautiful. Very well-made.

Here's the scoop:

The skull is the easiest. The only tricky part is that it is bottom-heavy in the mold. I made a couple of practice ones and then a glow-in-the-dark one for my nephew for Christmas. Hoping it comes out well!

Love the ammonites. I made one the size of a small focal and a good bracelet-sized one. A touch tricky to get the tail portion right but not bad at all to use

Love the heart. Made a 3 cm heart without much trouble. The shape is great.

Struggled a touch with the bone. One end does not look great. It's tougher to get right but I'm sure with a little ppp, I'll be making them without any issue. It was my last bead for the eve.

The ones with lobes out longer then the body like the heart and the bone took me a lot of pressing and adding glass to get those parts filled out.

Hoping the kiln fairies are kind and I can post pics tomorrow!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.