View Single Post
Old 2012-12-26, 7:44pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Oh, Tobacco is one of my most used frits! Especially the Gaffer stuff! It does so many things. My favorite thing about it is probably what it does to other frits.

OK, so: By itself, Tobacco will turn gold matte metallic when kissed with an oxidizing flame. Used as a base layer, Tobacco really brings out the color of R-108. But where it really shines is in frit blends; it likes to sink into other glasses, giving them a dimensional look. It's hard to explain, but the darker lines in between the colors in the Romance frit? That's from the Tobacco. Mixed with many other frits, if you cook the bead well, the other frits will want to spread while the Tobacco wants to shrink. I love the stuff!
Thanks so much! Now I can't wait to try it again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.