View Single Post
Old 2011-02-02, 10:47am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdimatteo View Post
These beads are stunning. Do you remember the color?
http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=12092

I notice you use a lot of bullseye. Is that your preferred glass and do you prefer it because it's stiffer or because of the colors?
Mary
That's a BE special production color from a while back... I want to say "Ivy"? I am really bad about labeling my SPCs, and so I have a ton that I don't know the name of.

I do love Bullseye, and I have a ton of it, mostly because if I'm going to encase anything that's the glass I usually use. It's reasonably cheap, consistent, readily available, has a full palette, and great clear. I feel the same way about 96 but the big drawback, for me, to 96 is a lack of medium-to-light-saturation transparents, and that I haven't yet found a 96 ivory-type glass that reacts with silver, and that's the basis for 90% of my encased beads (if anyone knows of one, please let me know!). I prefer 104 and 96 for organic and dot beads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kalera; 2012-03-21 at 7:47am.