View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 8:37am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

This is the model I ordered: http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hv...hutter-3-speed. I really wanted multiple speeds, and it's a LOT of CFM for the money. Going to set up for 2 torches, so I need a bigger hood, and more fan.

My Husband is going to build the hood from sheet metal, after we have the fan installed, paneling and metal protective surface in, and the loft installed overhead. We spent an hour or two yesterday wandering around in the barn (on the dealer's lot) planning out the strategy in terms of what order the build steps need to be.

Had to make some minor changes in my schematics after we actually got to see the shed - the bench height is going to be about 2" lower than I'd planned, because of where the header under the windows falls. But it will be more than fine - I had lots of adjustment space built into the plan, because I had no way to know exactly what the dimensions and placement of the doors and windows would be. But I've been drawing this up for almost 2 months - the delay has been frustrating, but it actually worked in my favor. The original shed I looked at was lovely, but it was an 8x10 cottage - if the dealer had been open that day, instead of snowbirding in Florida, I'd have spent $500 less on the shed, but would be 6' shorter and would have NO loft storage - which is a huge plus for Hubby, who has so much of our stuff stored in his workshop that he can't set all his saws up at once. So this is win win for everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eregel; 2012-03-25 at 8:40am.