View Single Post
Old 2013-06-13, 4:50pm
Salt Box Beads

My workbench opening is 2' X 4' and my blower has three settings, 1100, 1600 and over 2000 cfm. I use the 1100 mostly.

This is one of the places to go for answers on studio and ventilation

http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum...08cc93ab99ba46

My new studio will have the blower on the outside to take care of the noise. I paid 45.00 for a used blower from a heating and air conditioning place. I probably paid 80.00 for the metal work and the ducting, My husband bought a swamp cooler 3 speed switch and re wired my blower. I don't know what he paid for it plus the new electrical cord. I wanted a heavy duty one.

Now he he is building a small scaffolding? to hold the unit on the outside with a wood housing over it. It means more ducting but better to have it on the outside.
Probably under $300.00 for all said and done. We have spent about 200.00 for all of the items needed for the fresh air to be brought in to the underside of the two work benches It gets very hot here in the summer and cold in the winter so this was a must have to be able to torch anytime of the night or day. Most of this can be done on the cheap though, if you are handy.

Enjoy and have fun.

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2013-06-14 at 9:57am.