Thread: Nikon D-90
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-06, 5:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by delinquent beader View Post
Attached is a photo of the table top I have. Lit with 2 K5000 and two house lights...can we say light a football field. My depth of field is all off on this right now too. In a 1 1/2" area with piece not more than 4mm difference in thickness I am blurred in one spot and spot on perfect in another....grrrrrr.

Any suggestions on what you see?
A couple of thoughts:

* Make sure that your "house lights" and your K5000 lights are the same 'temperature' ... ie: all are tungsten, daylight, florescent, etc. If they aren't, you're going to have a hard time getting your white balance (and hence, colors) correct.

* Depth of Field is always a problem with close-up photography. Two things you can try are:

1) Stop down your aperture more. This will mean a longer exposure, which makes the use of a tripod and a remote shutter release really important.

2) Use a longer lens (ex: a 105mm macro instead of a 60mm macro), and shoot from further away.

Post the picture of what you're getting, along with the camera settings: lens, iso, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, manual or auto focus, etc.

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978