View Single Post
Old 2008-10-21, 6:20pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Tom, I was going to suggest using the encased carmen red that momka released, but then you would have lines on your pepper. Nobody wants that.... You could encase it after you laid down the C.R. too?
I considered the encased CR but I was worried about bubbles and the extra spacing lines.

I ordered 1/2 lb each of CR and NS Cherry to play around with. I think I'm going to have to suck it up and learn how to do stick stacks/tube pulls to make some nice encased color to draw from. I know the basic process, and I saw a great video VinE (of Vin Pin fame) did showing the steps, but I haven't actually done one myself. If I can get it right the crayon red should even be usable. That is, if I don't blow through what little 50mm I have on hand I'll need to get a smaller rod of graphite and start using the 40mm instead.
Funny story..I tried one a few weeks back with some BS white and I ended up with molten rubber band all over my bench. That stuff burns awfully easily!

Thanks for all the suggestions folks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|