View Single Post
Old 2009-07-26, 7:04am
Butterfly Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubnavnania View Post
Thanks for the pics, Beckah.
You're welcome. I saw the Scorpion hints the other day and drove the 6 hours specifically to see it. I took the photos with my old pocket camera which isn't very good to remind me later as I debate the purchase.

Personally my biggest question is still whether or not the Scorpion would give me more performance over the Cricket if I'm just running it on a 1/4 PSI of natural gas. I know I'm not getting everything I can get from the Cricket by running it on my low fuel pressures. I know if I switched to propane that I'd get way more performance from the Scorpion over my little Cricket. So I am debating the Scorpion and switching out my fuel to propane when I want to do boro and using the Scorpion at a 1/4 NG when I want to do soft glass. But I am curious how the Scorpion performs on 1/4 NG.

Hey Kimberly, maybe you could talk the GTT guys into sending me one of the used Gathering Scorpions to test on 1/4 NG with the Regalia. I could compare it to the Cricket for you. Just a thought I'll take photos with my better camera.

But for those of you with propane, I could not see any difference in performance or flame between the one Scorpion running on the Regalia (at 10) and propane vs the other three that were running on tanked oxy and propane. The Scorpions on propane were much faster and hotter than the little Cricket on propane on the other side of the table.

Hopefully, some of the people that are more experienced than I with larger torches will give a review when they get back from the Gathering that ends today. It was definitely one of the most popular spots in the Open Torch room.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado