View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 12:54pm

The match was on. Both contestants, Duane of Mass. and Sue of Maine, showed up in the same spot, one that had a cribbage board and a deck of cards. People waited anxiously... who would win this grudge match. Yes, that same grudge match that's been trash-talked to bits and pieces here on LE.

Duane, funny fellow that he is brought me a present... trying to psyche me out? That will NOT work! Quake in your boots, Duane. It is reckoning day in the cribbage world!

In cribbage, a "19" hand is a zero scoring hand. I prefer to take his lemon-y gift and turn it into lemonade, which is NOT my IQ- thank you very much, Pam!

The pre-game speech was given... no punching, no kicking, no jabbing... We don't listen very well, do we????

Well, once the cops got there and put a stop to that, the contestants got serious. The deck was cut and the game began. Count this, deal that, count this, sulk over that, yahoo over that, count this, deal that... emotions ran high.

That's Sue's thumb... what a fantastic hand, deserving of being preserved for posterity.

Damn, are you sure you scored that much, Sue???? (He quivers, he shivers, he shakes and quakes in his boots. Nobody checked his drawers!)

And another good hand.... life is very good in the cribbage world of Sue (right now anyway!)

The momentum slowed. Time stood still. The planet earth started rotating in the opposite direction and the impossible happened: Duane beat Sue at cribbage--- two games in a row!!!

Yes, folks, that is a big "L" on Sue's forehead. She lost the cribbage match of the year to Duane. Life as we know it has ceased and the twilight zone has renewed its lease on life. However, we must all be brave and carry on.

Congratulations, Duane, on two well played games.

Can anyone say "rematch" or should I let him keep the crown?????

I hope all of you have enjoyed the step by step-- it's just sad that I stepped in what I stepped in! hahahaaa.... I'm typing this, Duane. When you get safely home in Mass., I hope you stop into the potty and check this thread out. Humble fellow that you are, I can imagine your comments already!

On a more serious note, Duane was in pain from his back most of this weekend so I'm going to consider I did my part in making him feel better by losing to him? Did anyone buy that?

David, sweetie... about that glitter bomb you're going to send me? I've changed my name. My new name/addy in RAOGK is under Demcc2.

Sue
and the present is a gift.

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2012-03-18 at 4:35pm.