View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 8:03am

Hi Deb,

Are you referring to the "Publishing Layout" in Word, or an actual separate Publisher application included with MS Office? Which version of Office do you have?

On my PC, I have MS Office which includes the application "Publisher"... This is what I used for many years and kept for the ease of it. On my (newer) Mac, I have Office 8 for Mac which does not have Publisher... although Word does have the option to work in "Publishing Layout"... and I see that it does do just about the same job as my old favorite "Publisher".

Bottom line.... I think you are correct... If I work in Word on my Mac and choose Publishing Layout, I can accomplish the same results. I just need to become familiar with how it works. I feel silly for having overlooked this option for so long... I guess because I have both the PC and the Mac on my desk, I just stuck to my old ways. Thanks for getting me to explore Word.

I am working on short tutorials for enameling techniques and metal working techniques for my students. Eventually... The plan is to post PDFs on my blog.

I just discovered how easy it is to use screen capture (am I slow or what?!) and this will be very useful for the instructions I am writing to help beginning photographers with the photos they take of their jewelry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.