View Single Post
Old 2016-10-10, 10:14am
OBA-Official Bead Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
That wasn't my experience. It gave me about 40 seconds of boost over what I'd normally get out of my concentrators, and during that 40 seconds the oxygen was constantly dwindling, so that my flame grew more reducing every second. Not only that, but I'd have to wait 40 seconds to figure out where the oxygen was actually going to end up after I set it, as the tank took that long to build or release pressure.

Now, a compressor and a tank - that's awesome. Just a tank, though? Garbage.

If you're working small, a Cricket actually will give you a more useful flame than a Minor. The Cricket packs the same amount of heat into a tighter, more focused flame. I'm not a big fan of the Cricket or the Minor, but if I was working on a single 5lpm concentrator, then a Cricket or a National 3a premix wit a 31-hole or 55-hole Shelbo tip would be my choice.
I just got my "used" cricket torch and I love it...so much more powerful of a flame than my minor. I hardly have to turn the knob to get much gas and oxygen. So far I've just melted soft glass and it melts it alot quicker. I'm just trying to get used to finding my "sweet spot" as the torch is so much smaller than my minor and the flame is longer if that makes sense.

I don't know when I'll try the boro out, I have to get some boro glasses, probably see if I can find some used ones out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.