View Single Post
Old 2009-06-14, 8:56pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose View Post
Wonder when Cranberry will be back in stock. I keep checking and holding off on ordering. Of course by the time that is in, one of the other colors I want may be gone. Oh, what to do? Well, it's not like I am going to run out of glass while I wait - lol!
Seriously? JUST ORDER! By the time the cranberry comes in, they'll have a whole NEW batch of colors to pick from, & the metallic black will (hopefully) be in with it too--and honestly, their shipping is NOT outrageous, they use priority boxes--for the price of the glass, it's not *that* big a deal! grab the pinks (if they've got any left now)--I'm wishing I had grabbed more than the quarter pounds I ordered!

As far as "durability"--I've got a bead of metallic black (from the very first order) that I cooked the cr*p out of, reduced & put a melted in piece of Brad's striking glass frit on one side, covered with effetre clear, then on the other side left a nice, ROUND piece of the same frit (a perfect "ball") raised & "sunk" a bit, like a gazing ball & I've been MEAN to that bead--it's been loose in my purse (scary!), it's been in my pocket with my KEYS (more scary--I carry 2 sets!), & in my other pocket with my cards & change & cash....for the last few months....just to "wear test" it...the striking glass "ball" is still firmly attached (it's not "undercut", but it's definitely a raised ball, sort of "set in" to the top of the bead--it's quite cool--looks like a seperate element) & the clear effetre-over-striking glass-over devardi on the other side hasn't done any cracking or shown any signs of incompatability either.
I think I'm probably done messing around with torturing that bead now & can throw it on a stainless chain & on the "for sale" rack next week @ the farmers market

~luna

(oh & Virginia made me some shards out of one of the rods of metallic black--'cause I suck @ blowing shards--& they worked FANTASTIC!!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies