View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 6:12am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Snail View Post
Ok I have to ask you this. Why do you care so much if people don't like this glass? After what you said to me on this thread abut my experience, I am just really curious as to why you get so protective over it. I can't imagine being this protective over a type of glass even if I mixed it up in my own kitchen.

Hi Bran,

Thank you for being interested. When Devardi was first getting launched there were a number of people who were really happy to have it as an option (me included), and a number who were incredibly cruel - with an agenda to ruin Devardi as a businesss. Some of them had/have glass-selling businesses online.

Those of us who wanted to be free to choose Devardi glass went through a terrible time with people posting to be hateful and causing strife and misery that was mindbending. It caused the owners of Devardi to stop posting here because it was so mean and unrelenting...

Anyone should be free to use any glass they like without harassment, and so the drive to scare people away from this glass was really vile to me. I stood up against the hatefulness in support of Devardi's right to exist and for people to be free to make the choice to use it or not. I also directly addressed the meanness and the bashing along with others who felt it was so wrong.

I can see now that it has made me to sensitive or quick to worry that it is starting up again, and I am sure going to be more careful now that I see it. I hope that helps explain it.