View Single Post
Old 2014-09-03, 6:52pm

Schott does not produce the glass any longer and phillips did not order the correct amount of plates for those beautiful glass shields... you will not find the plate glass any longer. Here is the problem. The acrylic plates are very DARK purple. I mean D A R K! Its close to working with a shade 3! We are all stuck for many years until the stockpile of lens material used for their eye protection runs out. Dont hold your breath. It is not practical for them to order a batch presently, as it costs hundreds of thousands. No one needs that in plate stock....

This went away around the same time they stopped production on our required gobs of S 8 glass. If you have 30,000.00 that could be batched.

We are not schott's bread and butter. The products we buy from them were pruned from standard production, and could be in danger of disappearing off the market. Everyone wonders why we stockpile the good stuff.

When you select your eyewear be sure to get the ace 202 glass didy lens instead of the new dark purple acrylic. Now whats sad is the poor new guys just starting out with soft glass will buy these and wonder why it is difficult to see fine detail work. There is a lot of new eye protection out there that students bring to show me and it is not so good. UV and IR protection on some of it I seriously question.

AUR92 or ACE202 glass didy = the best in my opinion.

- Starleen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by *StarleensStudio*; 2014-09-03 at 6:58pm.