View Single Post
Old 2018-07-26, 5:18pm

Default Oxycon system for running large torches

Hello everyone, name is Jon and this is my first thread- I hope I am posting in the right section!
I have been looking for days to find a fool proof oxygen concentrator system with compressor and tank to run a large torch- mine specifically being a GTT Phantom. I don’t want tanked oxy and have the means to get a system with generators, but even after days of searching I cannot find much. One website has a full plug and go system- consisting of a compressor with 60 gallon tank and three m10 oxycons for $8900. This seems a little steep after seeing other people building it themselves for considerably less.
I’ve read whatever posts in here I could find- one mentioning the hurricanes not being too efficient and a poor choice. Also read all the warnings about building a system and how having oil in the system can cause the tank to explode when compressed and such. And this is why I am asking for a little help- if anybody could point me where I could find step by step instructions on how to build one of these systems safely, OR if they know about a stand-alone generator I may not have heard about? If anyone is running their GTT Phantom or like-powered torch on generated oxygen I would like to know what you’re using! Thank you so much in advance!