Thread: Pipe tutorials
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 8:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadz Gone Wild View Post
OK I need help with a request I got from a friend - She would like a pipe with the carb on the end. Tried a couple of different ways and can't seem to find something "comfortable". Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Shape the piece and before you make the push for the pack heat a small section on the front of the ball. Give a slight puff to blow out the glass to make it nice and thin. Make the pack and then go back to the carb. The blow you did will allow you to make a carb that is raised and more comfortable. Plus it will be easier to control the size of the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone24/7
cool vid! it doesn't show how you open your mouthpieces though...i assume from watching that you get a small gather on a rod and mash that against the small point you pulled on mouthpiece, let cool and snap off?
this has proven the most consistent for my newbie skills.
That's how I do it. I'll usually even blow on it for luck, haha. If you're to impatient like me this doesn't always work and the rod brakes off and the twisted gather is left attached. Which can still be knocked off sometimes but then it usually doesn't make a clean brake.

I omitted that part because this was originally posted on my facebook page. If one of my fans actually gets a chance to try pipe making I want them to have to figure something out for themselves, haha. I think its kinda obvious what I'm about to do though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carlisle on Tanks/Scorpion on Oxy-con